Thursday, January 15, 2015

Groove's Faves: "The Origin of Celsius" by Kupperberg, Staton, and Chiarmonte

Hey, hey, hey, Groove-ophiles! Y'know, when Ol' Groove was working on last week's Metal Men post, something in the back of my mind kept naggin' at me. Turns out, my brain was trying to tell the rest of me that I'd done a post on DC's 1977 Doom Patrol revamp in Showcase #94 back in August (you can read it here)--and then never followed up with another DP post! Well, it's time t'fix that! Here's Paul (Life With Archie, Charlton Arrow) Kupperberg and Joe (Dick Tracy, E-Man) Staton (with inker Frank Chiarmonte) with the second part of their Doom Patrol revival! From Showcase #95 (July 1977), mysteries deepen and some are solved (well, sorta) in "The Origin of Celsius"!
Cover art by Jim Aparo


















2 comments:

  1. Yep, like I said in the comments to that earlier post, I really liked this new team. Also, as far as I was concerned, Staton's art certainly didn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank Chiaramonte seemed to be everywhere in the Groovy Age, going back and forth between Marvel and DC.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!